Re: Install 1.3.15 on Centos 6, and upgrade from 1.2 question

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:30:54 -0400
Robert James Clay wrote:

>     Since you can get there, have you considered creating a 'ledgersmb'
> role using psql?  (Been getting practice with that since the debian
> package doesn't create that role properly as yet...<g>)

Unless I'm missing something,I think I just did something very similar to your
suggestion, as detailed here:

# su postgres
bash-4.1$ psql
could not change directory to "/home/frankcox"
psql (8.4.9)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# ALTER USER postgres WITH PASSWORD 'yada';
ALTER ROLE
postgres=# CREATE USER ledgersmbdbadm WITH superuser password 'somepassword';
CREATE ROLE
postgres=# CREATE USER your_100_db_user_name WITH password 'somepassword';
CREATE ROLE
postgres=#

After this, going to localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl and entering ledgersmbdbadm
in the Super-user login window, somepassword the password window, and testing
in the database window very quickly flashes a "would you like to save this
password" window that I assume is generated by firefox, and it goes away on its
own in less than a second, to be replaced by the firefox "A username and
password are being requested by localhost..." popup window.