Re: Install 1.3.15 on Centos 6, and upgrade from 1.2 question

Frank Cox schreef op 24-04-12 09:50:

> Now I have the initial screen as shown here:
>
> http://ledgersmb.org/files/Screenshot%20at%202011-10-22%2013_13_54.png
>
> However, every combination of username and password that I enter on that screen
> very quickly flashes a "would you like to save this password" window that I
> assume is generated by firefox, and it goes away on its own in less than a
> second, to be replaced by the firefox "A username and password are being
> requested by localhost..." popup window.  Entering anything or nothing in that
> window brings up an "Access denied.  Bad username or password" window with an
> OK button that returns me to the  Firefox "A username and password are being
> requested by localhost..." popup window, which then takes me to the a
> webpage that says "Status: 401 Unauthorized Please enter your credentials".

That would be a symptom of permissions being too tight in the
pg_hba.conf file. However, you listed that in the previous message, and
it contains the same lines as mine, which works. Two questions just to
be sure: 1. You did restart postgresql after modifying the pg_hba.conf
file, didn't you? and 2. You did modify the actually active pg_hba.conf
(usually in /etc/postgresql) rather than a sample one? (e.g. in my
system, there is another one under /usr/share/postgresql, but that
serves as a template only).

Jos.

--
www.ardispark.nl