Re: Install 1.3.15 on Centos 6, and upgrade from 1.2 question

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 00:10:11 -0600
Frank Cox wrote:

> I suspect that my problem all comes down to whatever is preventing those two
> entry boxes from appearing at localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl, and would greatly
> appreciate any further assistance you folks can offer.

I have made a little progress, but mostly in the way of finding out what
doesn't work.

I found out that it was the noscript firefox plugin that was preventing the
Super-user login and Password box from being created, so I just deleted the
~/.mozilla directory on that computer completely so now there is no chance of
anything interfering with this on the firefox end of things.

Now I have the initial screen as shown here:

http://ledgersmb.org/files/Screenshot%20at%202011-10-22%2013_13_54.png

However, every combination of username and password that I enter on that screen
very quickly flashes a "would you like to save this password" window that I
assume is generated by firefox, and it goes away on its own in less than a
second, to be replaced by the firefox "A username and password are being
requested by localhost..." popup window.  Entering anything or nothing in that
window brings up an "Access denied.  Bad username or password" window with an
OK button that returns me to the  Firefox "A username and password are being
requested by localhost..." popup window, which then takes me to the a
webpage that says "Status: 401 Unauthorized Please enter your credentials".