Install 1.3.15 on Centos 6, and upgrade from 1.2 question

Some years back I installed version 1.2.17 on a Centos 5 system and it's been
working fine ever since.  I am now trying to install version 1.3.15 on a Centos
6 system and I have two questions.

BASIC INSTALLATION AND SETUP QUESTION

I get as far as going to the localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl screen.  When I get
there the only field I have on it  are the title Database Management Console,
the header Superuser credentials, a Database field and a Login button.   The
Super-user login and Password fields that I see in the screenshot at
http://ledgersmb.org/files/Screenshot%20at%202011-10-22%2013_13_54.png are
missing.

When I click on the login button I get the Firefox "Authentication Required"
window, but any combination of username and password that I try are rejected.

As a desperation move I went through the setup steps that were included in the
1.2.17 rpm, as follows:

su - postgres -c "createuser -d ledgersmb --createdb --superuser -P"
su - postgres -c "createdb ledgersmb"
su - postgres -c "createlang plpgsql ledgersmb"
su - postgres -c "psql ledgersmb < /usr/share/ledgersmb/sql/Pg-central.sql"
Bleeding edge hint: Set password to avoid bogus web prompt:
su - postgres -c "psql ledgersmb -c \"update users_conf set password = md5
('yada') where id = 1;\""

These steps were not included in the 1.3.15 rpm, but they didn't solve my
problem either.  I then tried removing the 1.3.15 rpm and installing 1.2.17 but
that didn't get me anything other than a "No Global DBH configured or could not
connect" so I figure that's not the answer either.  I reinstalled 1.3.15 and
that's where I am right now.

Hopefully I haven't screwed up my ledgersmb installation by doing this.  If
I've really screwed thing up I can set this machine up again from scratch but
of course I would be quite happy to not have to do that.

What do I need to do next?  I'm pretty sure that I've missed something but I
have no idea what that is.

UPGRADE QUESTION

I have never tried restoring a ledgersmb data backup.  Based on my reading when
I was setting up the 1.2 version back when, I have this included in a nightly
cronjob:

postgres pg_dump <ledgersmbdb> > backupfile.sql

It's my understanding that I can restore that data by doing this:

postgres psql ledgersmb < backupfile.sql

Is that really all there is to it?  What about setting up passwords for the
users and so on?  Is all that included in the backup.sql file?  Can I do a
simple restore of the data from version 1.2 and have it "just work" with
version 1.3?