Re: Installation Instructions on Ubuntu Server 11.10

On 11. april 2012 23:29, Robbie Link wrote:
> not find any other instructions for installation on Ubuntu. There seems to be no
> automated installer available like there is for Postbooks.

Robbie, Thank you for your feedback.

The community has made one direct .deb install for ubuntu.

On the.
http://www.ledgersmb.org/download

you find a url to:

Ubuntu packaging: Getdeb: http://www.getdeb.net/software/ledgersmb

> Also - I had to re-read a few times to figure out what username and password to
> enter to log on to Ledgersmb. Also got some graphic help from the original help
> file that you referenced at
> http://www.ledgersmb.org/help/install/Ubuntu_Installation_Tutorial_LedgerSMB-1.3-
> SERIES.html

Interesting. What could we do to make this more clear / easier to use ?
(You have "fresh eyes". We depend on your feedback to make it better..)

> So thanks again. It works, I can play around now and see if I like this better
> than Postbooks.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask on the list or on irc.
The book that Erik is working on may give some clues
http://book.ledgersmb.org