Re: workflow broken in 1.3

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Håvard Sørli <..hidden..> wrote:
> On 10. april 2012 16:38, Michael Richardson wrote:
>
>> There are other things which one would like recurring transactions for,
>> just as phone bills, where independant of FX rates, the amount varies
>> every month.
>>
>> My workflow is now to just pull up the previous months transactions in
>> Chart-of-Accounts, middle click on them, copy-as-new, and enter.
>
> Could we add a kind of "default transactions" queue to solve this ?
> A kind of template post, in a queue. Where it was simple to change the
> amounts. It could also act as a sort of list of tasks for the financial
> statements.
>
> In the same list we could put in reminders for important dates, and
> actions on those dates.

That's what the template transactions add-on does.  I would like to
merge it into 1.4 add recurring logic to it, and use it to replace the
current recurring transaction workflow.

Template transactions basically are, long-term, designed to be like
recurring transactions but instead of copying a transaction that is on
the books, you get a template and can change the amounts before you
post.