Re: DELETE error

Thanks, Erik,
Error!
DELETE FROM gl WHERE id = '1'
ERROR: permission denied for relation yearend
CONTEXT: SQL statement "delete from yearend where trans_id = old.id"
PL/pgSQL function "del_yearend" line 3 at SQL statement

To solve that you need to ru:

GRANT delete ON yearend TO <the-role-you-want-to-be-able-to-delete>;

The same way like last time: log in through the psql interface.

(Note the difference between the first and the second statement is the ON part which names a different table.)

I did this and it generated another error denying permission for acc_trans

I used the examples you provided and granted the role delete permission for acc_trans and then the database went kaput with an Internal Server Error.

After a lot of tinkering, I finally gave up and dumped the database and created a new one (fortunately, there weren't too many records in it).

I'll try to be more careful in the new database.

Thanks for all the help!

Billy