Re: Migration Note: "isZero" errors

Hi Victor,

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Victor Wren <..hidden..> wrote:
I realize that 1.2 may be a "dead issue" at this point, but I just thought I'd bring up a couple of things that I've encountered while trying to confirm that my upgrade was successful.

In my migration from 1.1.12 to 1.2.26 (passing through on my way to 1.3), I have been running into a number of these with 1.2.26:

menu.pl:92: Can't call method "is_zero" on an undefined value at /usr/lib/perl5/5.14.2/Math/BigInt.pm line 1197.

with a POS transaction I get something a little different:
menu.pl:92: Can't call method "is_zero" on unblessed reference at /usr/lib/perl5/5.14.2/Math/BigFloat.pm line 507.

I am wondering if this could be due to uninitialized fields in columns added during the last schema upgrade (fields that contain "Null" instead of zero?).  Is there a script I missed which might sanitize the databases once they're brought up to the current schema? Or a suggestion to which columns might be altered to make it happy?

There were several fixes to 1.3 to help eliminate this error. I'm not sure if it can be eliminated by changing the data in the database. Chris?
About the only errors I see in my server logs are things like this:
Math::BigInt: couldn't load specified math lib(s), fallback to Math::BigInt::Calc at LedgerSMB/Form.pm line 36, referer: http://ledger/ar.pl

1.3 might suffer from this error as well. You can install Math::BigInt::GMP to prevent that error.