Re: proposed features for pricelists

On 27/03/12 07:19, Chris Travers wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Pete Houston<..hidden..>  wrote:
>> Agree with David - csv is what we would use out of those three (and also
>> as a subsequent input format to any other system).
>>
> Ok, so just to clarify:
>
> the pricelist for 1.3 was accidently omitted when we started the
> branch.  It was added partially a couple months ago, and 1.3.14 adds
> the ability to edit it.    In the process we ported it to a table
> structure we are using for the reports for 1.4.
>
> Adding these formats would be essentially a stage for adding them in
> 1.4 for all reports.  The report formats would then be based on these
> formats for the pricelists.
>
> CSV here is actually the most limited, because the pricelist lists
> both the per customer and per pricegroup listings and hence we'd
> probably just export the per customer pricelist.  For XLS and ODS I
> may try to export both as separate worksheets.  For PDF, we can print
> both as long tables......
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers

Hi Chris,

For CSV would it possibly make sense to provide 3 options,
"csv-pricegroup", "csv-customer", "csv-both"
Where the first two are obvious and "csv-both" lists price groups
entries first, then has a separator line where each field is set to a
fixed value.
Maybe 0 for numeric fields and "========" for text

Regards
David G