Re: unexpected version error

Hi,

Thank you for all the assistance.

I'm trying to answer all questions, but perhaps the way I'm putting them into the e-mails is confusing – my apologies.

Once again, I installed the ledgersmb application using the procedure provided by Andres Basile in the password error thread, where he listed his install process on Wheezy.

Trying to login in with the following parameters:

Super-user login postgres

Password postgres

Database aels

takes me to the confirm operation screen – unknown version found where I choose

'No' to respond to Cancel and choose 'Next' which takes me back to the Data Management Console screen.

Gives the apache log:

[Wed Mar 21 16:54:56 2012] [error] [client ::1] DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: column "version" does not exist, referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl
[Wed Mar 21 16:54:56 2012] [error] [client ::1] LINE 1: SELECT version FROM defaults, referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl
[Wed Mar 21 16:54:56 2012] [error] [client ::1] ^ at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/LedgerSMB/Database.pm line 307., referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl
[Wed Mar 21 16:54:56 2012] [error] [client ::1] Issuing rollback() due to DESTROY without explicit disconnect() of DBD::Pg::db handle dbname=aels at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/Error.pm line 407., referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl

Note that no std_err log was generated in /tmp

Logging in with the parameters:
Superuser Credentials

Super-user login  paul
Password  admin
Database aels

Brings up the Authentication Required password screen with parameters

User Name ledgersmb

Password blackened (admin)

Clicking it brings up the

Confirm Operation

Unknown version found.

Cancel?

Where I choose 'No' and click 'Next' which takes me back to the Data Management Console again.

This operation produced a blank apache error log file and no std_err file in tmp.

Chris, how do I set logging to WARN? Where would the http error logs be located?

Thanks everybody, for the time and help.

Billy

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:11 AM, Håvard Sørli <..hidden..> wrote:
> On 20. mars 2012 21:53, billy akazawa wrote:
>> Super-user login postgres
>> Password postgres
>> Database aels
>
> What happens in the postgres and apache logs when you login with user
> postgres (setup.pl)?
>
> It looks like your postgres user are missing administrative application
> access to LedgerSMB.
> Could you try to login with user: paul  (setup.pl)
>

> And to speed up the trouble shooting, please answer all questions.
>
> You did not answer this question from Chris:
>
> On 20. mars 2012 02:36, Chris Travers wrote:
>  > I don't understand how this happened.  How did you install LedgerSMB?
>

> Summary, so long:
>
> We do know that:
>
> aels=# SELECT * FROM defaults WHERE setting_key = 'version';
> version | 1.3.0
>
> the db aels has one user with application access
>
> and that
>
> setup.pl a second time (logging in as
> postgres) against the same database name,
>
> shows:
> "Unknown version found."
>
> Normaly should show:
> "LedgerSMB 1.3 found"

Thinking about what could cause this....

I think the thing to do would be to set logging to WARN and run
setup.pl again, and look at the http error logs....

I bet we are missing something remarkably simple, and once we see
what's going on, a little extra error handling might help....