1.2.x support?

>Hi all;
>
>I am looking at ceasing to provide community support after the  beginning
>of March 2012.    I would still be willing to work on legacy versions on a
>paid basis forever.  However, at present it doesn't seem that there is
>anyone on these lists who is using 1.2.x, and therefore it doesn't seem to
>be worth my time to worry about allocating time to it.  I would rather be
>spending my community time on 1.4 anyway to the extent possible.

>Am I wrong about this?

Don't get me wrong as a 10 year Gentoo server user I am used to living on
the bleeding edge and I really appreciate you doing Ledgersmb offering all
this support.

However I am not convinced that 1.3 has all the functions and features of
1.2.
Please correct me cause we would love to use the AJAX stuff in 1.3.
Is there a document somewhere that compares all the features that are new
/ changed /deleted from 1.2 <-> 1.3 ?

We find 1.2.18 to be the most usable version.
It seems with every upgrade some functionality was gone or commented out
although yes promised in a future version.
For example I never solved what happened to menu.pl that made buttons to
parts quit working on the edit assembly page in 1.2.18:
(Around line 148)
 if (substr($form->{action}, 0, 1) =~ /( |\.)/) {
      &{ $form->{nextsub} };
    } else {
      &{ $form->{action} };
    }
    #&{ $form->{action} };

Turned into: (Around line 148)
&{ $form->{action} };
(Our line numbers may be different at this point.)

I suppose we seemed to need features that nobody else was interested in
like NET::SMTP::TLS
We have over 5000 of lines of custom code at this point and probably 8-10
custom tables.
We tried in the beginning to use the "custom code" functions but we needed
changes too fundamental like rose::db::object.
I have been skeptical about moving the logic to Postgres but I suppose we
could roll up our shirt sleeves and learn PL/pgSQL. I am afraid we will
have port our custom stuff to PL/pgSQL.
Diffing / merging the entire /bin and /Ledgersmb dirs one version takes
some time and it is a real let down to get done with it to find
functionality gone.

Is this all wrong now 1.3 has all the features of 1.2?

If not as long as we are free to help ourselves here that is fine if you
no longer support 1.2X

Thanks
Turtle