Re: ERROR: Permission denied for ...

Hi Dave,

I've tried to import an old Ledgersmb 1.2 database (mostly to transfer
customer information).

However, the database is unusable.

I get errors like the following:

SELECT accno, description, link
FROM chart
WHERE link LIKE ?
ORDER BY accno
ERROR: permission denied for relation account_heading

I have a feeling my imported database has permission errors.

Is there any way I can fix it up?

ÂThe upgrade process moved over your users, so, you probably can log in. However, the upgrade process can't migrate user authorizations. What you probably should do is to go to the System -> Admin Users -> Search users page, click "Search" and select "[edit]" for the user you're trying to use.

You'll be presented with a long list of authorizations that can be assigned to the user. If the user is "general purpose", you need to check them all (not strictly true, but erring on the safe side). If you have different users for AR/AP management, GL accounting and sales, things become a bit more difficult.

Anyway, I hope this gets you up and running for now.

Bye,

Erik.