Re: 42883:ERROR; expected 1.3.12 error

Hi,

Thanks for the help with postgres, Pete! It worked just as you said it would.

It successfully creates the database now, but gives the following error message when I try to log in at:http://localhost/ledgersmb/login.pl

Error!

Database is not the expected version. Was 1.3.0, expected 1.3.12. Please re-run setup.pl against this database to correct.

Thanks to the help of everyone on this list I'm starting to feel like getting this thing running may be a possibility. Any ideas or suggestions are very, very welcome.

Thank you.

Billy

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Pete Houston <..hidden..> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 06:38:31PM +0900, billy akazawa wrote:
> I've tried the following, but I'm definitely doing something wrong.
>
> ..hidden..:/home/billy# su postgres
> ..hidden..:/home/billy$ ALTER USER ledgersmb SUPERUSER;
> bash: ALTER: command not found
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

The ALTER USER command is a postgresql database command but is being run
from the shell, hence the error. You need to connect to the database as
the postgres user before issuing this command. eg:

       # su postgres
       $ psql
       postgres=# ALTER USER ledgersmb SUPERUSER;

HTH,

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107