Re: 1.2 -> 1.3 - Unable to log in

Hi Andrew,

You could try executing the SQL statement:

GRANT lsmb_<your company>__users_manage TO andrew;

that should give you access to the menu to manage your own access rights. Be sure to log out and in after executing that statement.

HTH,

Erik.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Andrew Rowland <..hidden..> wrote:
>ALTER USER andrew VALID UNTIL '2012-03-10';

ERROR:Â role "andrew" does not exist

Thanks Chris but there is no postgres user by that name - not a database user anyway, just an entry in the company DB 'user' table. This is why I'm getting authentication failure,
Something must have gone wrong during the user creation part of the upgrade and now I am unable to get back to that screen to retry.

Edit: I just tried create USER andrew WITH PASSWORD 'mypassword';

With this it logs in but I only get a blank page with 3 options in the left frame : Preferences, New Window, Logout
So that gives me access but presumably no permissions to do or see anything.

Can somebody please explain how to either:
  • Get back to the user create/import screen OR
  • Do a manual creation of a user using SQL statements

Thanks

Andrew

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Andrew Rowland <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I finally managed to get my 1.2 database upgraded to 1.3 but find myself
> unable to log in using my application level user account.
>
> After conversion I got a user creation/import screen which I'm not sure
> worked correctly.
>
> Looking in the database there is a user created in the company database

There are two possibilities here.

The first is that the password is wrong. ÂThe second is that the
admin-created passwords time out after, iirc, 24-48 hrs.

I would suggest logging in to PostgreSQL via psql and trying this:

ALTER USER andrew VALID UNTIL '2012-03-10';

Then try to log in through the front-end again.

If that fails

ALTER USER andrew WITH PASSWORD 'mypassword';

One of those should fix it.