Re: Installing 1.3 on Redhat or Fedora systems?

Hilton,

On 2012-02-21 22:59, HÃvard SÃrli wrote:
> On 21. feb. 2012 11:22, Hilton Day wrote:
>
>> 1.  Which RPM-based distribution is the RPM for?  Ideally, a version
>> and
> You my take a look at this discussions:
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.finance.ledger.smb.devel/3416
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.finance.ledger.smb.devel/3360
>
> and join Philip Rhoades in his testing...
>

>> 3.  Is there an installation guide other than the INSTALL file?  My
>> memory is that for 1.2 there was an excellent section in the
>> pdf-based
>> Ledger-SMB manual on installation, but its no longer there for 1.3?
>
> You have some info at: http://www.ledgersmb.org/help/install

I have been routinely testing new releases of v1.3 as they become
available on a clean install of Fedora 16 virtual system.  While it is
gradually improving and getting closer to be usable I don't think it is
there yet.  After recent discussions with Chris on this topic, I have
decided to wait for v1.4 which should be less hassle.  Chris thinks that
the pre-release versions of 1.4 should be available soon.  I have been
hanging out for a working RPM version of LSMB - I changed from SQLL some
years ago (v1.2?) and was quite happy with it at the time but stopped
using it when the company I was using it for folded.  I have a new need
for it but decided I would wait till it was nicely RPM installable.

My view is that for LSMB to be a viable commercial proposition it HAS
to have a nice RPM install.  Glad to see someone else on the same track!

Regards,

Phil.

--
Philip Rhoades