Re: Upgrade problem

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 3:31 AM, Linda Ursin <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi

I had a lot of problems upgrading, and I think I've messed up good. New version isn't working properly, and neither does the old.

The new version asks me for my username and password, and then asks for the user ledgersmb.
When I finally get in, I get this:

Error!

Database is not the expected version. Was , expected 1.3.9. Please re-run setup.pl against this database to correct.

Sounds like something went seriously wrong in the upgrade.

The first thing to do is to back out.

Log into your database with psql
then run the sql/upgrade/1.3-1.2.sql

Then try to log in with the latest 1.2 version (1.2.26).

If this corrects the issue, you can get caught up on your bookkeeping and then try the upgrade again.  If the upgrade fails, please send the following files from /tmp/ledgersmb to the list:

dblog
dblog_stderr
dblog_stdout

If these steps don't work for you, please type as follows in psql and send the results:

\dn

This will list available namespaces and is important because it would tell me where we are regarding upgrading/downgrading.