Re: attempted upgrade from ledgersmb 1.2

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Michael Richardson <..hidden..> wrote:

Further to my experiences:  I report that most of my asset accounts
and liability accounts are inverted.  Positive amounts show under
"DEBIT", etc.
Ditto for Liabilities.  I have a few accounts that do not seem to be
this way.

Revenue and Expenses seem to be show in the right terms.
I looked and none of them have the "contra" bit set.

Looking at the transactions themselves, they seem to be reversed, for
instance when I setup cash when I started in 2003, I show a debit of 18K
making my balance -18K, when it should be a +18K.   Ditto checks written
are "CREDITS" rather than debits.

Any advice?  It's clearly systematic.

Really? I have never seen this before.  A couple questions:

1)  Are your books balanced in the trial balance?
2)  Would you like paid assistance in looking at the data?

If no on the second, the first thing I would do would be to join public.acc_trans against lsmb12.acc_trans and look for cases where the amount wasn't equal.  If no rows show up there, I would assume that the problem is not with the upgrade.  Then we'd need to figure out why the data was wrong.  If there are such rows where the amount is reversed, then we would have to see what went wrong on the update.

However, I won't touch other folks computers without it being paid support, so if you need hands-on help, it woudl need to be paid (otherwise I can go ahead and offer general guidance here).

]       He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life!           |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] ..hidden.. http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                      then sign the petition.