Re: attempted upgrade from ledgersmb 1.2

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Michael Richardson <..hidden..> wrote:

After many iterations, I managed to upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3.
I have some minor patches/bugs to report, which I'll put on the devel
list.  The major bug is that I think that the upgrade process should
fail more clearly if the 1.2->1.3 transaction fails.

My database started in year 1999 with SL, and I now recall one time when
there was some corruption due to sequences that were reset.  I hacked
the database directly to fix it, and this was the major problem.
I had to remove lines from my backup from acc_trans and invoice.
I have the details, and I will need to check them.

My process was basically:

%less /tmp/ledgersmb/dblog_stderr
%sudo rm /tmp/ledgersmb/dblog_*
%vi 2011_12_29.sql
%ci -m'removed invoice: 11943' -l 2011_12_29.sql
%sudo -u postgres psql -f 2011_12_29.sql

REPEAT web interface attempt.
I used RCS to keep track of my changes, and I put a DROP DATABASE
statement and the \c sswbooks, at the top of my backup file.

My most immediate problem is that in cash reconciliation, it seems that
my banking account is not listed in the drop down for Accounts.

How is that marked?

Go to Sustem/Chart of Accounts/List Accounts

Click on the account.

Check the recon box.  Click save.

Now there have been bugs in the past (iirc fixed) that prevented this from being shown as checked when it should have been.  If when you save, the checkbox disappears, file a bug report, but check the recon screen before assuming it didn't save.