Re: Ledgersmb Authentication issue

Hi Steven,

I am having authentication issues with a couple of my usernames. ÂI created the following users with corresponding passwords:

tatiane.marshall
marisa.mendes
neidiane.pereira

I am able to login with tatiane.marshall, but not the other two. Using my admin ID, I go to the Admin Users section and edit both of the problem users by setting their password again. ÂUnfortunately, this doesn't change anything. ÂIn my apache error_log I get the following errors:

As an update, I am able to login to PostgreSQL via psql from the server using both of the problem user IDs. ÂFrom the prompt I entered:

psql StallusBoutique -U neidiane.pereira -W

After being prompted, I enter this user's password and successfully connect.

Steven

Actually, it appears that the above test will accept any password, even one that is incorrect so it must allow this since I was logged onto the machine as the postgres user. ÂRepeating the original steps logging in via Ledgersmb, my pg_log shows the following:

2012-02-06 15:38:01 BRST StallusBoutique neidiane.pereira FATAL: Âpassword authentication failed for user "neidiane.pereira"
2012-02-06 15:38:03 BRST StallusBoutique neidiane.pereira FATAL: Âpassword authentication failed for user "neidiane.pereira"

Probably your LedgerSMB is trying to log in using a method best simulated using this command:

Â$ psql -U <user> -h localhost -d StallusBoutique

The above command should ask you for a password from any user in the system - except (maybe) the postgres user.

HTH,

Erik.