Re: Questions on Add Customer Screen

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 9:37 PM, Steven Marshall <..hidden..> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Steven Marshall <..hidden..> wrote:
I have read through the Ledgersmb documentation, but it doesn't explain some new items that exist on the Add Customer page.  If I go to AR>Customers>Add Customer, I see the following fields/buttons and not really sure what to enter or how they are used.

- Control Code

Control code for the entity (customer, vendor, employee, etc)

I'm still confused on what the Control code is used for.  Would this equate to an account number for an entity which would be unique?  If so could I manually enter an entity's phone number, assuming it would be unique across the customer base, to use as their Control Code (i.e. account number) so that I can look them up quickly on the POS Sales screen for example?

It's an identifer for a group of accounts.

In 1.3 it is used, for example, to add vendor accounts to customers and vice versa.  It could also be used in the future for more complex CRM purposes.

Think of it this way:

Control code:  An identifier for a legal entity (person or business).  Each legal entity can have multiple credit accounts of any type (customer/vendor/etc)

The control code is rarely used, but becomes important when trying to set up a vendor as a customer as well, or vice versa.

Steven