Re: attempted upgrade from ledgersmb 1.2

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Michael Richardson <..hidden..> wrote:

>    Michael> I currently run ledgersmb-1.2.17 on my laptop.
>
>    Michael> I am moving to running ledgersmb 1.3.9 on a VM (XEN, domU
>    Michael> is debian squeeze) at my office.  I've set things up
>    Michael> properly I think.
>
>    Michael> The VM template is used at another company to run
>    Michael> ledgersmb-1.2.17.  I upgraded the postgresql to 9.1, but I
>    Michael> could run 9.0 if someone felt that this was the reason.  I
>    Michael> did install the contrib package, which I had in fact missed
>    Michael> the first time.
>
> I upgraded my laptop to 1.2.26, and saved the database.
> I tried that, and got no data again.
>
> I removed postgresql-9.1, and installed 9.0 (making sure to fix the
> contrib directory), and went through the upgrade. Same result.
>
> I'm going to sort out the duplicate invoice# problem in 1.2.26, and then
> I think I ought to be able to run the upgrade script manually?

Anytime there is a problem like this, check the following files:

/tmp/dblog
/tmp/dblog_stderr
/tmp/dblog_stdout

If you can attach them that would be helpful.

Failing that, check the PostgreSQL logs for problems.

Also note, the 1.2-1.3 is a non-destructive upgrade all your old data
should be in the lsmb12 schema.