Re: drop down lists.

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Alvin Starr <..hidden..> wrote:
> Life would be easier if we could use the recurring transactions but we
> change the comments each month.
>
> The dropdown is a nice way to have a simple sorted list that we use to
> pick the next customer to work on.
>
> The process is.
> 1) go into AR transactions.
> 2) pull up the next customer.
> 3) alter the invoice as required.
> 4) create as new.
>
> It is not elegant but it does work.
> We have a number of customers who have multi-page invoices and creating
> a new one each month would be a pain.

Another option here would be the template transactions add-on.  The
big advantages of template transactions are:
1)  Can be posted any time
2)  Not a copy of an actual transaction.

As we get recurring logic added to template transactions they will
replace the current recurring code for 1.4.

If this sounds interesting, will provide instructions for installing.