Re: Ledgersmb 1.3.9 showing wrong version on login page

On Dec 15, 2011, at 9:11 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 7:48 AM, Steven Marshall
> <..hidden..> wrote:
>> If I remove the entire ledgersmb directory (i.e. /usr/ledgersmb) and
>> then extract the new tar file recreating this directory will that
>> eliminate the need for future use of Make install.
>
> Ok, but here's your problem at present.
>
> Make install copies all the files to your site-perl directory which
> means when a use statement is made, it finds the old ones first.  If
> you want to clean up, you have to clean up site-perl.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers

Can I assume that if I never used Make install that these files are
never copied to the site-perl directory?  Assuming that my assumption
is correct, is there a performance impact for not having these files
copied to site-perl directory?

Best Regards,
Steven Marshal