Re: Performance Issues w/Ledgersmb 1.3.x

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 18:41, Steven Marshall
<..hidden..> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Steven Marshall
> <..hidden..> wrote:
>
> Order Deny, Allow
>
> Allow from 192.168.1 localhost 127.0.0.1
>
> Deny from All
>

> If this fixes it, which version of Apache are you running?
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers
>

> I'm running the following:
>
> Apache/2.2.21 (Linux/SUSE)

I repeat, this is a DNS issue.  Just because you're using an IP does
_not_ stop apache from doing DNS lookups. Try putting the same Allow
statements in apache for your top level directory and watch it choke.
Do you have reverse DNS set up for 192.168.1?  I'll bet not.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
--
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the the universe. -- Albert Einstein