Upgrade issues from 1.2.21 to 1.3.5

Hi All

I am having trouble upgrading to 1.3

I run through the process, and it appears that all the tables in the database have been truncated - I can log into LedgerSMB after the upgrade and there's no transactions, no chart of accounts etc.

I am testing this on a freshly installed VM with a copy of my live database ( Debian Squeeze, Postgresql 8.4)

I am unsure what needs to be entered to commence the db upgrade - I used

 * NZ  for the country code (New Zealand)

 * and two unused account numbers for the AR and AP fields - I wasn't sure if they'd be created automatically or not.

There's loads of errors in the postgresql log, mostly

    ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

with no indication of why the command failed

Can anyone give me any pointers to getting a clean upgrade?

Thanks
Rob