Re: LSMB 1.3.5 and PostgreSQL 9.1

Chris Travers wrote:
2011/11/23 Philippe Scheltà <..hidden..>:
Le 23/11/2011 01:10, David A. Bandel a Ãcrit :

Umm. No, you don't.  The CREATE EXTENSION does this.  With 9.1,
there's a new structure.  To check, run psql:
psql -U postgres your_database
at the SQL prompt (database=#) enter:
\dx<Enter>

you should see something like this:
                                  List of installed extensions
    Name    | Version |   Schema   |                        Description
-----------+---------+------------+------------------------------------------------------------
  plpgsql   | 1.0     | pg_catalog | PL/pgSQL procedural language
  tablefunc | 1.0     | public     | functions that manipulate whole
tables, including crosstab

See the Version number?  It corresponds to the tablefunc--1.0.sql
version number.

Unlike the contrib stored procedures, extensions aren't inherited from
template1 (don't ask me why, they just aren't).

It is what I had to do to succeed in the lsmb upgrade to version 1.3,
probably due to something needed tablefunc.sql
in the upgrade script.

I am going to review things again.    I am wondering if it has
anything to do with the renaming of schemas.  If so it might be
upgrade specific and hopefully we can find a way around that.

Remember that this is from the prepare-company-database.sh script and maybe I didn't make it clear that this is a fresh install. Not an upgrade.

I'll try running the pieces of the script manually to avoid the contrib/extensions directory requirement and see how it works.

I was trying to see how automated the process could be for a fresh install using (nearly) the latest and the greatest of each piece.

\\||/
Rod

All the data continuously generated in your IT infrastructure contains a definitive record of customers, application performance, security threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes sense of it. IT sense. And common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-novd2d