upgrade from 1.2.21 to 1.3.3

Hello,

After having upgraded my server to Ubuntu oneiric, my LedgerSMB 1.2.21 stopped working with perl errors in the apache2 error.log. So I decided to move to the 1.3.3 version. In the meantime, the oneiric upgrades also postgresql from 8.4 to 9.1 things look like have been
well done about Postgresql.
my system is then :

- Linux server 3.0.0-12-server #20-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 7 16:36:30 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
- Postgresql 9.1.1
- perl 5.12.4

I have followed the method descripe in the UPGRADE file of the 1.3.3 package of LedgerSMB, to upgrade from 1.2.X to 1.3.X. I was able to update all the required perl modules, everything goes well.

Here comes my questions :

First, When I load setup.pl in my brother, I fill the postgresql super-user credentials and my LedgerSMB database and when I click on "Login" an additionnal apache2 authentication appears, at first I didn't know which user it was asking for, finaly it seems to be the postgresql user owner of my LedgerSMB database.
Is it a new security step for the 1.3.3 version ?

Second, I choose to upgrade my database, but it seems that i can't go further, I 'm blocked on a step where it asks me to "save and retry" showing me a form where I see all the parts with only the partnumber column that I can modify. Even if I put all the partnumber to 1 and click to "Save and retry" the form reload again and so forth... Something I have to mention is that I'm a french user and some of my parts description have accent that are not well encoded. I have strange characters like "@A" at the place of the accents. How can I finish the upgrade process ?

Third, if I go to login.pl, I fill my LedgerSMB user credentials, in the "Company" field what do I have to fill exactly ? again I have the additionnal apache2 authentication that I fill with my postgresql user owner of the LedgerSMB database. But I cannot login, because after having tried several "Company" names, it says that it doesn't find the "company".

Best regards

Philippe

--
http://www.migratis.net