Re: Download link for RC2 - another suggestion

Chris,

On 2011-09-24 03:09, Chris Travers wrote:
On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Philip Rhoades <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris,

It is not really critical for me - I just thought it would be nice to have all packages that are required to be installed in one go (I would
normally have PG installed already anyway).

The major reason to consider a separate package would be that 1.3
relies on the contrib modules which are packaged separately.  So
having something which requires both the server and the contrib
modules to be installed might be nice (with .debs, one can list the
dependencies as optional, but that's not an option with rpms).

OK, sounds good.

So I am thinking of just creating a separate rpm with the additional
dependencies.  this isn't such an issue beyond 1.3, because it isn't
clear we need the contrib modules if we are willing to require Pg 8.4
or higher.

Pg 9.x is not in the lsmb roadmap and it will probably be the standard soon . . how many using lsmb have talked about DB replication etc?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades