Re: apache not connecting to PostgreSQL anymore?

The first question is very easy to answer: ledgersmb-1.2.7-ebuild

In the /etc/network/interfaces I saw only:
-----------
# cat /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
-----------

So I added eth0:
-----------
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
-----------

Tried to make a bridge following the instructions outlined in
https://help.ubuntu.com/11.04/serverguide/C/network-configuration.html#bridging

Restarted, no connection, ifconfig gave nothing.
Tried to 'ifup eth0': device not available.
Then, funny enough, ifconfig -a | grep eth returned an eth5 interface.
I 'ifup-ed' it, and was able from the workstation to ping and ssh the
VM.
After creating a testpage with phpinfo in it in /var/www , this was
accessible from within the host's browser. However, opening
ledgersmb/login.php gave the 'not available' message, and that's where I
got lost. I didn't change anything with respect to Apache/PostgreSQL so
I figured I didn't 'deserve' that message.
Even ssh-ing the host throught the bridge's interface worked.

My knowledge of linux is quite limited and I have no idea now how to
proceed, so any help would be welcome.

Thanks,
ario