Re: LedgerSMB on Windows

Thanks, Gene.  I appreciate knowing your reasoning for using Firefox.  Good of you to reply.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 3:19 PM
To: ..hidden..
Subject: Re: [Ledger-smb-users] LedgerSMB on Windows

On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 14:35 -0400, Thomas Bullock wrote:
> You mention Firefox.  I migrated from that to Chrome over a year ago.
> In your context are there reasons not to use Chrome?

Hi Tom,

We recommend Firefox with LedgerSMB on our web site:

http://www.eracc.com/content/accounting-and-point-sale-linux-unix

Mainly because there were known problems with Internet Explorer from Microsoft versus LedgerSMB at the time that page was created. I do not use Google directly (I use the startingpage.com search proxy for Google
searches.) or any Google products if I can avoid it. Primarily due to Google's lack of concern for My Privacy. So, I have no idea how well Chromium aka Chrome works with LedgerSMB. Probably someone else on the list does know about that though.

Gene Alexander
ERA Computers & Consulting, Jackson, TN USA