Re: 1.3 testing.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Alvin Starr <..hidden..> wrote:

> I have managed to get 1.3 up and running mostly from RPM's
> I want to take a shot at importing a dataset.
> How would I export/import from 1.2.x to 1.3?

Here are my recommendations given that the migration tools are still
in progress:
1)  copy your 1.2 dataset.  Something like:

createdb -U postgres -T old_db new_db

Nobody can use old_db while this runs but it is quicker and easier IMO
than a pg_dump/restore.

2)  Run pre-upgrade checks.  cd to sql/upgrade in the lsmb 1.3
directory, connect to new_db and run the 1.2-pre-upgrade-checks.sql

3)  Update rows flagged and re-run until no results show up.  If you
need help with this, please ask here.

4)  edit 1.2-1.3-work-in-progress.sql to set the defaults at the
beginning of the file

5)  Run 1.2-1.3-work-in-progress.sql against new-db.

This is how I got my business up on 1.3.  I am in the process of
completing a web-based wizard to allow someone to do all of the above
steps, but that is a bit complicated.  Between that and two bugs that
need to be fixed, that's all that stands between us and 1.3.0 rc1.