Re: Request for comments: towards CRM functionality

Hello @ all!

LX-Office is also a fork of SQL-Ledger.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lx-office/

There is a CRM extension available as well as a shop interface.
I could imagine the interface works with OSC.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lx-office/files/

Sunny greetings

Siegfried

Am Saturday 23 July 2011 18:48:03 schrieb Chris Travers:
> Hi all;
>
> Back in 1999, I decided to learn PHP by writing a CRM program.
> Naturally the codebase became unmanageable, and was not that much
> better than the SQL-Ledger codebase.  However, the program was based
> on my experience using four higher-end CRM programs at Microsoft and I
> think the CRM side was fairly well developed (and arguably more
> flexible than SugarCRM).  Among other things it supported were:
>
> 1)  Nested tasks/support tickets/etc
> 2)  Appointments
> 3)  Time/labor/materials tracking
> 4)  Task queuing (i.e. so you can do some work on a task and queue it
> for another team to pick up)
> 5)  Collaborative task tracking.
>
> Over time I would like to implement all these features on LedgerSMB
> that don't exist currently, re-using whatever LSMB functionality
> works.
>
> My current plan is to map these functions as follows:
>
> tasks -> projects
> Time/labor/materials tracking -> time and material cards.
>
> Basically my roadmap (not sure how much will make it into each release)
> are:
>
> 1)  Project classifications, priority, and nested projects
> 2)  Project ownership, assignment, subscription and queuing.
> 3)  Appointments
> 4)  A CRM dashboard screen listing assigned and subscribed projects,
> appointments, etc.
>
> Any comments on the broad outlines?  After 1.3 branches off, I will
> create a discussion on the nested projects, priority, and
> classification side.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers

www.ullmann.hr
... do the ride thing!

Ullmann d.o.o.
BlaÅa JuriÅiÄa 1
23000 Zadar
Croatia / Hrvatska / Kroatien

Tel: +385 23 2440 10
Mob: +385 91 7258838
..hidden..: enter at ullmann.hr

FYI the .asc file is a digital signature
see https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/GNU_Privacy_Guard for more
info.