Re: Proposed workflow for upgrade wizard for 1.2 to 1.3

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:35 PM, David <..hidden..> wrote:

> Will this create a new database? ie, non-destructive to the 1.2.x DB? Or
> will it use a copy created for the purpose of migration?
>
> Are the opportunities to make corrections going to be scripted or do we
> dive into the database by hand?
>
> Otherwise, I'm looking forward to it.

The idea would be to move the data out of the way (into a "lsmb12"
schema) and then alter that by providing mappings to the new data.
The data would then be copied into the new database schema that would
be loaded into public.

This is thus reversible.  That, of course, occurs after fixing the
problems though.  We will document how to copy the data into a new
database for backup/rollback purposes before you start.

I am not sure that all changes can be safely scripted.  In some cases
we might have to present records and let the individual modify the
problem records.