Re: batch printing gives NULL no suh file or directory

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 3:40 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 8:06 AM,  <..hidden..> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using 1.2.22 and batch printing does not work for me. I can make a
>> selection of invoices for batch printing. In the bp menu the column
>> Spoolfile shows NULL for all invoices. When I click print the I get "Error"
>> No such file or directory, for both print to PDF and printer. I can print
>> invoices as pdf or send them to my printer when I open it as a single
>> invoice.
>>
>> Googling around a lot but it has not gotten me far apart from the perl quote
>> issues early 2010 which does not seem to be applicable to me. I have not
>> seen errors logged by apache about missing perl libs. I have checked for r/w
>> permissions, missing path names etc. I am using ubuntu lucid. How should I
>> debug this? Any tips are appreciated.
>
> I am looking into this right now.  It looks like under some
> circumstances it stores 'NULL' as the spoolfile name instead of NULL.
> I suspect this is caused by our efforts to get rid of sql injection in
> 1.2.0 and this is probably a long-standing bug.  I am also noticing
> however that on top of this, there seem to be issues printing
> legitimately queued transactions.  I am looking into these now and
> will get you an answer shortly.
>
> Best wishes,
> Chris Travers

Hi;

I believe I have this corrected in most recent svn.

You will need to:
update status set spoolfile = null where spoolfile ='NULL';

And you will need to try this with new queued invoices only at first.
We can look at how to correct the existing spoolfile entries after you
confirm this works for you.

The existing spoolfile entries are likely to be improperly single-quoted.

Best Wishes.
Chris Travers