Re: Future of LedgerSMB: Ideas and RFC

Hey guys and Chris.

I know I've been absent from the project, but i want to share a few
thoughts. First off, I want to thank you for all the effort on the
project, both 1.2 and 1.3. And for all the support I received while I
was contributing to the project.

After a year+ of development, and the investment of some resources, I
decided I needed to drop it. One of the main reasons I quit was that
the milestones and deadlines  started to get farther. And as someone
on the list already said, i started to see post about 2.0 while 1.3
was not even out. So it seemed that all the hard work was in vain.

One of the main reasons i started to code 1.3 was to offer my
customers a secure alternative to a fork of sql-ledger we built.
However, we never really tested 1.3 in a production environment since
it wasn't ready. So i had to direct my coders to support our fork
while 1.3 was out and a lot of business opportunities were lost.

I have to say that i really like and love the project. And i would be
willing to contribute with some code/ideas/translation/coffee/anything
to speed the process of 1.3 being released. Please let me know if my
help is wanted/required to make 1.3 see the light.

Best regards.

David Mora