Re: Future of LedgerSMB: Ideas and RFC

Hi Luke

> Until you release a full version of 1.3, it is likely that you'll still
> have many users on 1.2.  I'm sorry to say it, but because of the track
> record, holding out for 1.3 and not bothering to fix bugs found in 1.2
> after the next release, seems like just another way the user base will be
> disinclined to support the project in the future.
>
> I'll say it again.  Until 1.2 can actually be replaced with something
> full, that works, that isn't an iffy prospect, and that isn't a beta, the
> only real way to keep users (not developers, or people like me with a foot
> in both camps) interested, is to maintain the flagship product (I.E. 1.2)
> up until the last minute, as if it was the only product.  That's annoying,
> yes, but I think necessary.

Actually I have been rethinking this....

The fact is there are still a few bugs that occasionally turn up in
1.2.  Not often but it happens.  These releases are likely to still be
few and far between but there are a few outstanding bugs so at least
two more releases.

The point is that the release cycle of 1.2 is likely to continue to
slow down over time.  That part hasn't changed.