Re: Invoice printing -default to PDF

On 2/12/2009 6:55 AM, Frank Cox wrote:
On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 19:04 +0000, lrspares45 wrote:

Is there a way to make PDF the default instead?  Or just remove the
Postscript
entry from that drop-down menu completely?

I found this too when upgrading to 1.18. Luckily the solution is simple
- go to the PDF templates and a few lines down there is a right and left
margin setting. I'm at home now so don't have it in front of me, but
alter the right margin to get it to fit (I seem to remember changing
1.00 to 2.00 cm or something like that). You have to do it for each
template, but once done make back-ups they don't get overwritten if you
re-install.
Thanks for your reply.

The PDF invoice works fine as it is.

Is there a way to make PDF the default instead of Postscript?  Or is
there a way to remove the Postscript entry from that drop-down menu
completely?

Try this Frank

locate the file io.pl
on my Ubuntu system it is in /usr/share/ledgersmb/bin
copy it to the bin/custom directory
cd /usr/share/ledgersmb/bin
cp io.pl custom/
open custom/io.pl in a text editor (vi, nano, gedit, emacs)

find the line that says
$format =~ s/(<option value="\Q$form->{format}\E")/$1 selected/;
and change it to
$format =~ s/(<option value="pdf")/$1 selected/;

then find the line that says
$media =~ s/(<option value="\Q$form->{media}\E")/$1 selected/;
and change it to
$media =~ s/(<option value="screen")/$1 selected/;

I had difficulty figuring where $form->{format} was initialized so I'm not sure if this change will have detrimental effects and I have not tested this in production but I think it does as you require.