Re: problems with admin.pl login failure

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Harondel J. Sibble <..hidden..> wrote:

On 19 Oct 2009 at 15:56, Chris Travers wrote:

> Two questions:
> 1)  Aside from passwords, exactly which boxes are you filling in?  For
> example are you filling in the superusername and password?

Doesn't seem to matter, the ONLY place where MYPASSWORD works is in the
initial login using uid ledgersmb, after that anytime I use the ledgersmb
uid, I have to use the MYROLEPASSWORD.

> 2)  Are you expecting to create a new db at the same time?  If so, which
> account are you using for the superuser account?

<eyeballs glazing over>

;-)

Ok.  My questions are answered.

For the superuser username, make sure you are using "postgres" and have the role password for postgres in the corresponding password box.

For the normal user, use ledgersmb for your username and the appropriate password for that db role there.

This is re-engineered for 1.3.