Re: Payroll integration?

On 8/3/07, ..hidden.. <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi List,

Up to now I've been handling my payroll using a spreadsheet and just
using my accounts package to keep track of the total tax, insurance,
salaries, payments, etc.  This has worked fine because the payroll
consisted of two people.

I would think that a spreadsheet would break down not on the number of people but where you get into more complex deduction logic.

It looks like payroll will be expanding to 4 or 5 before Christmas.
I'm switching from webERP to LedgerSMB ( 1.2.7) as of 1st September.
My question to the panel is: can anyone recommend a simple payroll
system that can handle UK payroll and can be integrated into LedgerSMB
without too much pain?

I don't know of any (please, someone prove me wrong!).  How different is UK payroll to US payroll?   I know there are some people who are working on a US payroll package though this is probably on hold for the release of 1.3 and other issues.