Re: Making payments against an invoice

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Iain Mac Donald wrote:
> OK that's what I thought but I don't have a "Post" button. The buttons

Hi Iain,
	IIUC, that means that you have "audit control" enabled in the system
settings, which will stop you from making changes to a transaction that has
already been posted. In that case, you should enter the payment in the Cash,
Receipts interface as Chris pointed out.

If you disabled audit control you would then see the post and delete buttons
appear. As Chris mentioned, this is not recommended (better to post reversing
transactions instead for corrections, and using the receipts/payments screen
for payment processing).

--
Regards,
	Ashley J Gittins