Re: drafting invoices

David Tangye wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 07:44 -0500, John Hasler wrote:
>> Joshua D. Drake writes:
>>> I really don't like this Repost idea. It goes against basic accounting
>>> principles. Isn't this what things like quotes and estimates are for?
>> Yes.
> No :-). A  quote is a quote. An invoice being drafted is not a quote. It
> 'might' be based on a quote, or there might never have been a quote.
>
> Same applies to a sales order. Its not a quote. Its not an invoice. Its
> a sales order. The flow is usually quote, sales order, invoice. Each is
> optional. Why should the system force us to use a quote or sales order
> when we just want to progressively create an invoice. That's not very
> user-friendly.

What I am saying is... If you want to draft an invoice, use a sales
order or quote. That can be a draft. We don't need yet another branch of
code that is basically duplicative.

Now if you want to argue, I want to be able to instantly invoice (with a
button click) a quote... that is something else and I would be fine with
that.

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/