Re: drafting invoices

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 09:58:18PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> I really don't like this Repost idea. It goes against basic accounting
> principles. Isn't this what things like quotes and estimates are for?

If you use things like quotes and estimates, then yes.  For those of
use who are basically operating POS, creating quotes and estimates
just so we can "draft" our invoices is a wasted step.

I will confesss to missing Chris' previous post some time in the past
describing how a reposted invoice would be handled "behind the scenes"
in accordance with GAAP.  I suppose I have less of a problem with this
than my expectation that I would be expected to reverse, and then
re-enter, a transaction every time I made a mistake (again, IANAA, so
mistakes are plentiful).

  --Brian