Re: Problems with first time install

On 2/21/07, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
BTW, the current 12 failed tests are fixed in RC1 (released today).
You can just untar over your existing installation if you like.

Done!

I don't know what happens if you try to create more than one dataset
in a database.  Currently, if the superuser credentials are submitted,
the database is created and plpgsql added.  If not, it assumes an
existing database with no other data.  Hope this helps.

So if I create a ledgersmb database as follows:

createuser -P ledgersmb
createlang plpgsql template1
createdb -U ledgersmb ledgersmb
psql -U ledgersmb ledgersmb
  \i /var/www/ledger-smb/sql/Pg-central.sql
           update users_conf set password = md5('2manysecrets');

Then I edit ledger-smb.conf:
   change "sendmail = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t"
   set "latex :"
   set "DBConnect = dbi:Pg:dbname=ledgersmb;host=localhost;port=5432"
   set "DBUserName = ledgersmb"
   set "DBPassword = 2manysecrets"

Then I run perl Build.PL  then ./Build test
Then I run admin.pl Database Administration
Host=localhost
Port=5432
User=ledgersmb
Password=******
Connect to=template1
Superuser=ledgersmb
Password=******

Click Create Dataset

This takes me to the Create Dataset Screen with existing datasets:

[ ledgersmb ] [ postgres ] [ template0 ] [ template1 ]

Do I Create a new dataset or enter ledgersmb as my existing dataset? I
have tried both and failed. I have also tried omitting the superuser
on the previous screen with no success.

This seems to be where I crash and burn every time.

Regards,
Gerald.