Re: Can sales orders affect inventory?

Chris Travers wrote:
Items are deducted from the inventory when shipped.

However, be wary of using the "shipping function". I have found that if you are in the habit of changing orders later, or re-posting invoices (not sure of the exact scenario yet), then it leads to the inventory levels getting screwed up.

I have reposted all my invoices for a couple of items that happened in this way and was left with -5 items on hand, yet *no* invoices in the system for the item. As an aside I am nervous about how to fix this now. Have been re-creating some invoices with new part numbers for basically the same item, but this leads to a whole nest of problems. Is the inventory level used to calculate the "stock levels" on the balance sheet...?

Ed W