Re: menu.pl error after install

On Friday 29 September 2006 10:40, Richard Ellis wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 08:24:40AM -0400, Jonas Bauman wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >  I installed ledger-smb by following the instructions in the readme file, I
> > got as far as creating a dataset and adding a user, however when I login as
> > that user I get the following error message in my browser window.
> >
> > You are logged out!
> > Error!
> > Can't locate /menu.pl in @INC (@INC
> > contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8
> > /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5
> > /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .)
> > at menu.pl line 118.
> >
> > I am running Debian Etch on PowerPC, I tried using both Konqueror and Firefox
> > browsers with the same result. Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Jonas
>
> Just a guess, but did you remember to restart your web server after
> you made the directed changes to the httpd.conf (or apache.conf, or
> whatever it's called in Debian Etch)?

Yes I did. This was with LedgerSMB 1.1.0, in the meantime I noticed that
1.1.1c was the latest version so I deleted my original install including the
dataset I had created and installed afresh. Again I was able to create the
dataset and a user, however this time when I log in I get a different error
as follows:

You are logged out!
Error!
Can't connect to data source , no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at LedgerSMB/Form.pm line 1325

I double checked the user configuration page and Pg is checked in beside Driver,
I am also running SL 2.6.19 on this machine with no such problems.