Docker containers: separate LaTeX and XeTeX ones?

Hi,

Over the past weeks, I've been reducing the size of our Docker containers considerably (from 1GB+ to the current size of 229MB for the 1.5 container ob Docker hub).

The next step to make the container smaller, would be to create two types of containers: one with latex, the other with xetex. The difference being that xetex (used to) handle(s) UTF-8 better than LaTeX.

Do we want to continue this push for a smaller container, making users choose one or the other upfront, requiring them to switch to the other to evaluate? Or do we keep things simple and allow users to switch between the various options?

Regards,

Erik