Re: Today's notes

On 2016-07-19 22:32, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
> After a lot of great activity in the repo, I tested 1.5 a little more
> today. Just reporting the most surprising results...
>
> The pricegroup feature on parts seems seriously broken. Chris changed
> the misnamed "break" to "discount", but it's really a strange thing to
> allow both discount AND a separate sell price - and make the calculation
> with these numbers. Instead of this, I would expect
>
> - A quantity (the word "break" which was used before is actually in use
> for this in other systems) for quantity pricing.
> - Allow either of discount OR sell price
>
> Entering a sales order , and trying to print it as HTML (PDF doesn't
> work because of some latex encoding problems. I hope this cam be fixed
> in the latex world)

I'm not sure what templates you are using.  I am currently using a
variation of "demo with images".  I had tried the xelatex version, and
found that there are great ways for that to break.  Not *entirely* sure
why the obvious error, with the obvious fix didn't work.  But simply
changing over to demo, then demo with images, then creating my templates
based on that, got what I needed.

> - The last order line is missing. First I had two lines, and it printed
> the total of one. I added one line, and there was two in the order print.
> - The description didn't come out
>
> This is the standard templates. I haven't tried to change any templates yet.
>
> /kaare

Jigme Datse Yli-Rasku
..hidden.. (Preferred address for new messages)
250-505-6117

Jigme Datse Yli-Rasku
PO Box 270
Rossland, BC V0G 1Y0
Canada

... This message should be electronically signed, and if the sender ...
... has your public key, may also be encrypted.                     ...
... If you have any questions about this, please email, or call.    ...
... Note, unknown calls likely will go to voicemail.                ...
... Please leave a message if you get voicemail.                    ...