Today's notes

Hi

Today I tried to install from Github. This apparently requires to make
dojo, which in turn requires to use submodules. As a sidenote, I have
yet to be on a project where git submodules solves more pain than it
injects. Perhaps LedgerSMB will be the first :-) Anyway, the problems
are almost always on the maintainer so it's not my headache ;-)

Well, make dojo seems to go well, but the UI was off somehow, and it
turned out that copying UI/js/lsmb from a tarball installation returned
the missing functonality. Not sure what I should do to rectify this, so
I'm reporting it now.

Another sidenote is not really LedgerSMB related, other than it can use
Plack and Starman. It seems that just installing Starman on a plain
Ubuntu doesn't enable ipv6. After some searching and testing, I solved
it with cpanm  IO::Socket::INET6. I don't know if you think it's worth
mentioning somewhere in the installation notes.

So I'm closing in on today's blocker, suddenly the Sales Order entry
doesn't allow adding products. The Number field simply doesn't contain
any items. Not sure what I did to get that situation, so I'm asking
where the logic is placed. What decides which items are included in the
Number field?

/kaare