Re: Do we have enough fixes for 1.4.27?

Hi,

On 03/04/16 17:11, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a number of fixes to go for 1.4.27, including a new SQL Ledger
> 3.0 migration.
>
> There's a blocking issue though () which depends on a new release of
> LaTeX::Driver. I've created a PR
> (https://github.com/Template-Toolkit-Latex/LaTeX-Driver/pull/5) for
> LaTeX::Driver to resolve the CGI-setup breakage for which there's no
> workaround.
>

> With this state, I think a release of LaTeX::Driver is warrented and
> we should proceed to release 1.4.27. Then for 1.4.28, we can work on
> resolving the "other" issue in LaTeX::Driver for which there's no
> workaround (lack of ability to generate PostScript output).
>
> So, are we "GO" for 1.4.27?
I'd vote no, hold off for a fix for the inability to generate PostScript
output as this almost certainly will prevent printing to a physical
printer in many (if not all) cases
At the moment Printign to Printer will pass a PDF file to lpr which is
likely not supported out of the box on most setups.
Also, we really shouldn't require xelatex be installed (which the bugs
in LaTeX::Driver do at the moment) It's a huge download if you don't
need it, and it also breaks if used with latex templates that are not
valid xelatex.

I'm back to working on getting these bugs resolved, so hopefully we can
have it ready to test within the next 24 hours.

Regards
David G