Re: Duplicate AP invoices (per vendor)

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 12:34 AM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:

In the past we prevented multiple invoices from the same vendor with identical numbers.

If I remember correctly, some people complained and we have relaxed this limitation.

I'm now thinking that we may want to have duplicates disabled by default, but we might want to offer an administrator access button in setup.pl to enable it. That way, the default operation will better fit expectations of accountants/ bookkeeper, with the ability to support countries where rules and/or execution are less strict, without the need to have mails on the users list explaining how to get into the database and drop specific constraints.

Having an explicit (expert) setting like this also makes the situation more noticeable/explicit: a dropped constraint can go unnoticed for years.

What do you say?

A unique constraint works well and scales well.  Something like this would have to be thought out very carefully.

I think one option would be an option at database creation time and a way to disable.  Disabling would effectively be one-way.  With a unique constraint, once you disable, you don't have a good way to re-enable.

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more